Sunday, February 10, 2013

So many Skylander Giants, so little time

Do you remember having money as a kid and being totally free to spend it exactly as you wanted, without any input from your mum and dad? It felt like unbelievable freedom, but choosing what to blow your cash on was truly painful - even more painful than actually handing the money over.

That was kid 3 (a.k.a. Adam) today. Somehow, and I really don't know how, he's ended up with a ten pound note of his own. My guess is that he must have saved up his tooth fairy stash, having lost all his front teeth recently.

Skylander Giants are his thing at the moment and he decided he was going to spend his cash on a new figure. The trouble was, there were so many to choose from. I swear we could have spent all day in the toy shop today, waiting for him to make his mind up.

He got there in the end and came away with Stealth Elf and £1.01 change from his tenner. Of course, just to prove he takes after his dad, the ones he could afford, weren't really the ones that he wanted. He wanted something more expensive. The Skylander Giants he was really after were £20 and grumpy old dad wouldn't stump up the difference.

video

Hey, doesn't make me a bad person, OK?

2 comments:

Dan Flynn said...

Nigel,

Not being aux fait with Skylander Giants I looked online and as I type there's this huge orchestrated piece, Wagnerian in its majesty, blasting away and sounding nothing less than epic. I see the figures have names like tree worm, air bag and jet vac which by coincidence is the name of the machine I use to sandblast my yard. No wonder your son couldn't make up his mind.

NIGEL HUGHES said...

Dan - imagine that noise every Sunday morning, about 7am. That's my life!