Friday, November 28, 2008

Smoke without fire?

I'd heard stories before that the stop smoking drug Champix could have some serious side effects. This week the BBC has investigated links between Champix and the suicides of some smokers who had been prescribed the drug.

About two years ago I went from being a 30-a-day Lambert & Butler man to a total non-smoker. Having tried every stop smoking formula there is, Champix was the one that worked for me. No side effects, no withdrawal symptoms and no urge to light up since.

I've no idea if the current fears about the drug are well founded. I hope they're not. Without it, I'd still be addicted to nicotine now.

1 comment:

adelen said...

There is now a new quit smoking drug available in the market. This latest breakthrough is known as Chantix. It is able to help smokers snub out their addiction by working on the brain.